Presenting to a target audience is one of the most effective marketing tools you can employ. A speaking engagement brings quality prospects to you and really enhances your credibility. But getting that tool into your marketing mix requires a lot of tedious, time-consuming work.
Many organizations plan several years out for their conferences, so securing a targeted speaking engagement is often a long-term and protracted endeavor. Yet, last-minute opportunities often can arise when a schedule speaker cancels at the last minute.
If you’re ready to take your show on the road but are daunted by the process, Office Angels can help. We provide a full array of services to help you promote your businesses through unpaid and/or paid speaking engagements to businesses, associations, civic organizations and local groups.
- We ask new clients to complete a questionnaire about their business type, goals, speaking experience (if any) and status of needed materials.
- After analyzing the response we provide a complimentary one-hour initial consultation with the client to further assess support needs, areas of expertise, expectations, and budget.
- Based on this needs assessment, we propose a customized service package, including schedule and cost estimate. Our à la carte menu of services, itemized below, allows you to contract only for what you need.
- Booking services are provided on an hourly rate basis plus commission for paid engagements. Office Angels provides a detailed time/activity log documenting activities performed. As noted below, separate cost estimates are presented for Specialty Services such as Speaker One Sheet, Speaker Web Page, Presentation Development and Coaching, Video Production and Photography.
SPEAKER SUPPORT SERVICE MENU
- Conduct in-depth research and produce a list of targeted opportunities.
- Analyze and narrow potential opportunities to determine best return on investment for Speaker, based on organization’s mission, membership profile, prospective audience profile and size, rationale for selecting, logistical information, etc.
- Collaborate with Speaker to develop marketing collateral including speaker page for website, Speaker One Sheet, etc.
- Write or refine biography (to be published in meeting announcements and materials, on a website, or in a newsletter).
- Write 60-second introduction (to be read aloud by the Program Chair, more personal than the bio).
- Write Program Options Menu of 3-5 speaking topics, to entice Program Chair to choose you as their speaker.
- Write Content Sheets to support each topic to entice membership to attend event.
- Post marketing collateral to a WordPress website to make it easier to show to prospective Program Chairs.
- Help with producing video clips, professional headshot.
- Review list of targeted opportunities with Speaker to decide which to pursue.
- Research and identify decision-maker for each group, confirm contact information.
- Use Bio and Program Options Menu to create introductory email.
- Send custom introductory email to each contact. (This step is often ongoing).
- Make follow-up call to decision-maker within one week of sending email; conduct further follow-up as needed.
- Coordinate website enhancements, blog/LindedIn/social media postings, photography, video production, etc.
- Coordinate all details and logistics of engagement with Program Coordinator: confirm dates, coordinate audio-video requirements, provide all requested promotional materials.
Post Presentation Support:
- Draft and send acknowledgements and thank-you’s.
- Compile and analyze evaluation forms.
- Fulfill sales orders onsite and/or after the engagement.
- Manage new prospect data entry and follow-up.
SPECIALTY SPEAKER SERVICES
- Collaborate with Speaker to write and refine presentation script that fits the speaker’s style and that is appropriate for the type of engagement.
- Develop accompanying visual aids, handouts, abstract.
- Coach Speaker on presentation delivery. Our coaches can turn any individual into an effective presenter, even if they have never spoken in public before.
Please contact Office Angels for pricing details.
Office Angel presentation experts will make speaking easy for you!
Contact us at 770-442-9246; Essie@officeangels.us
Kerry has been working with us as-needed for more than a year, pitching speaking engagements for both me and our clients. I simply don’t have the time for this and Kerry is taking a huge weight off my shoulders. She oversees the whole process, from identifying the target audience(s) and contact person, making the pitch, and ensuring that we have all the necessary speaker materials to submit. Once she lands a gig I take over the preparation of the actual presentation. She’s a wonderful addition to our firm and I fully intend to continue our relationship through Office Angels.
Debbie Fitzgerald, President
Fitzgerald PR Inc.
Our Office Angel is an outstanding sales and marketing executive. She has an uncanny ability to uncover leads and opportunities for our company– through landing speaking engagements or setting up appointments from cold calls. We value her skills and plan to continue to use her services for years to come. What do we love the most about her? Her optimism and tenacity for driving business!
Clearwater Consulting Group